#perspective

A trip into London for work training had me staring at the intricacy of a sculpture placed at the entrance to St Pancras train station. 'The Meeting Place' was put up in 2007 and edited again the year after to show more 'meeting places.' Most people take different messages from it, my colleague drawing the images from the world war and relating it to the pain of love lost from those aggressive times. Whereas I see different perspective int it, each tiny figure carved into the base of the statue has eyes that are so carefully aimed, and piercing.

It gave me a new idea on meanings and underlying messages. Which gave me a new direction for my dissertation, guiding me into a new place. After having my break from education and realising that the strongest direction for my photography would be to investigate identity, looking at this statue helped me look in the direction of personal meaning and underlying undertones of messages created by the artists that create their pieces.


Comments